The main building houses the Dining Hall, where meals are served family style. Our staff serves delicious homecooked meals, including homemade bread and dessesrts. Groups must provide "KPs" to serve and bus tables for each meal.
|Friday Supper||7:30 p.m. (weekend groups)|
Please advise kitchen staff if your group or a portion of your group will not be eating a particular meal so we can avoid wasting food.
Dining Hall Procedures:
- All meals begin with prayer. (Kitchen will not serve food until prayer is offered.)
- All meals are served promptly at above meal times. (No late meals will be served unless prior arrangements have been made.)
- Use only tables that are assigned to your group.
- 10-12 people per table. (Additional tables will not be set up until assigned space is used.)
- One person per table must be assigned to transport food from serving window to table.
- Reuse serving dishes for seconds.
- Groups are responsible for clean-up.
- Return dishes back to kitchen in an orderly fashion.
- Throw trash only into trash cans. Reusable utensils such as serving dishes are not trash.
- Brooms and sponges are available to assist with clean-up.
Microphone is available in dining hall for prayer and announcements. Group leaders are encouraged to take turns leading mealtime prayer.
Proper conduct is expected in dining hall by all campers. Please encourage campers to be considerate of others and to respect Summit Lake kitchen staff.
Coffee machines and K-cup vending machines are available at all times in the always-open dining hall. Vending machines for other beverages are located in the side room of the dining room.
A refrigerator is available in the Bear's Den for guest use. A microwave is also available for guest use.